Welcome to the Pandigital Novel Android Open Platform Kit.
Important Note: You must temporarily remove the internal MICROSD Card during the installation of the Pandigital Novel Android Platform kit for this model.
Click here for more detailed instructions on MICROSD Card removal
Download Android Open Platform Firmware
Note: File must be copied to the SD card in the original, zipped format. Do not unzip prior to loading on your SD card.
2) Insert the SD card containing the update file into the SD card slot.
3) Press POWER and VOL+ simultaneously and hold for 5 seconds.
4) Your Pandigital Novel will begin the update process automatically. You should see the Pandigital Novel welcome screen followed by an upgrade progress indicator.
- Minimum: 100MB available space
SD Memory Card writer
- Firmware file must be transferred to SD Memory Card prior to Pandigital Novel update
1) Turn the power off by sliding the power slide towards the edge of the unit, waiting 3 seconds, and releasing
Screen will blur and Device Options menu appears
2) Press the Power Off option
Screen will go black
3) Place the Pandigital Novel face down on a soft surface to avoid scratching the screen. Orient the device so that the Pandigital logo appears upside down.
4) Slide open back cover. This can be done by inserting your fingernails into the gap above the Pandigital logo, sliding the back cover back and then lifting up.
NOTE: the back cover is held in place by strips of adhesive and will require some effort to remove. Please take care to avoid damage to the screen
5) Locate the Internal MICROSD memory card and locking cradle.
6) Using your fingernail, gently slide the locking cradle down to unlock.
7) Carefully lift the locking cradle to allow access to the MICROSD memory card.
8) Carefully remove the MICROSD memory card from the cradle, and set aside.
9) Install the Pandigital Novel Android Open Platform kit, following the installation instructions.
10) Carefully re-insert the MICROSD memory card into the cradle.
11) Gently wiggle the MICRO SD memory card to ensure a good internal connection. Card should be seated flat.
12) Carefully lay the locking cradle back down against the MICRO SD memory card.
13) Using your fingernail, gently slide the locking cradle up, back to the “locked” position.
14) Replace the back cover and turn on your Pandigital Novel eReader.